Sunday, September 21, 2008

The best thing ever has happened, y'all. My kid? Just discovered Shell Silverstein. I know, dudes, but I did read it to him when he was younger, it just wasn't the right time. And now? He's discovered it on his own. We had to stop right in the middle of the motherfucking elementary school library so that he could show me his favorite poem. And then I told him my favorite. And then I read him another. And another. And another. Then? THE perfect poem for all the Mr.7's out there appeared. Too many kids in the tub. Laws. He laughed until he cried. And Mr.5? Couldn't hardly stand it. The three of us? had A MOMENT in the library. Shit. It was perfect.

And every time he tries to read it? He can't get through a single word without a giggle.

Too Many Kids in this Tub

There's too many kids in this tub.
There's too many elbows to scrub.
I just washed a behind
I'm sure was not mine.
There's too many kids in this tub.

No comments: