Thursday, June 26, 2008

We've made it to the big screen baybeeeeee!

I'm currently hanging out, in the official seat saver capacity, at our local historic theater. It's an amazing joint.

Did I blog about the read a book watch the movie wankenobie summer reading plan? Keep in mind that we only read the first of the, uh, thirteen?, books. Mad fun was had.

Next we watched at home (in order to desensitize the flying monkey effect). the little chilluns were entranced. ENTRANCED.

There was singing all day. Mr5 had me in stitches. He added a vibrato, with shaking head, to the end of his verses. Their favorite was the "friends with the sparrows, and the boy who shoots the arrows" verse.

I got to the theater early. About an hour early. And I scored seats in the ninth row. As it is a real theater, not a movie house per se, we were not scrunched in our seats gazing up at the screen. I highly recommend row nine. I was entertainment for the patrons as I dropped popcorn, and cell phone, and may have tripped in the placement of concessions as seat savers. I didn't spill the Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale™, and that's what matters. Turns out I'm a fan of beer at the movies. Who knew?

It turns out that watching a Judy Garland movie in the middle of "Pride Fest" was a popular choice. Heck, it's a pretty small town, watching paint dry was the other option. Anywhoo, the kidlings arrived, and the excitement was palpable. Turns out that Mr7 and I share a love of the door where Dorothy opens the door. It is our favorite part. Mr7 even held hands and snuggled during the movie. Mr7 is all grown up now, so this was a rarity...which means that the Wizard of Oz may possibly be my favorite movie of all time. It doesn't hurt that Mr5 was clapping like crazy every time the ragmuffin crew prevailed against the witch. Oh, and that he kept putting his arm around his "date" MsV.

I think this seals the deal. Okay, I know this seals the deal. You know what they were singing:

No comments: