So, my Dad went to the Doctor for a cough, and ended up with a cancer diagnosis.
We went for tests on Friday, and will have a clearer picture sometime this week. Meanwhile, the world keeps spinning.
I'm keeping busy with work, vampire therapy, a tap class, and some figure skating.I'm also hitting the gym.
I have my daily cry after I drop the kids at school and before I get on the floor at work. This is all keeping me upright at present.
Meanwhile, my parents are in full practical mode. They're talking to the lawyer, cleaning out Dad's workshop, and trying to decide whether to order seeds for the garden if Dad might not be there to plant them. Also? My Dad is taking a cheese making class. He's also making a worst case scenario three months to live checklist. It includes learning to tango, and a lake Michigan cruise. I suggested that he add a trip with his daughter to the pacific northwest. He got a gleam in his eye and said that he'd like to see La Push.
All-in-all, mom is putting on a brave face, but being honest about her feelings. Dad? I think he's found a good place to view it from. My Mom tells me that he says he's had a really good life and that he's been lucky enough to been in love for two-thirds of it.
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm awfully sorry to read this...your dad sounds very brave, and strong.
Can you feel me hugging you?
As you know,I went through this myself. Sometimes it's hard for folks who haven't lived through it to know what it's like. I'm here if you need someone to talk to.
Post a Comment