Thursday, January 01, 2009

Obligatory wrap-up post

All-in-all? It was a survive year. Things went to crap little by little without the aid of a wheelbarrow or handbasket. Head wound! Small business failure! Major appliance failures! Floods! Pestilence! (Okay, so no Locusts, but other than that? Pretty accurate.) Still? I'll take it.

My favorite parts were spent with the crazy folks in my household. The pool? Fabulous. Mr5 learning to really swim...Mr7 working up to the back flip (I think that this might just be the year of the back flip, don't you?).

Watching the kids learn stuff is just fabulous...I think that is an overall theme. Mr5 is all over Kindergarten, and is always brimming with information. One of my favorite adventures happened just the other day. I took the kids ice skating. Mr7 didn't heed my "grab the railing when you step onto the ice" warning, and was off and skating without a backward glance. Mr5 told me he couldn't skate at all. Then he could only skate with two bladed skates. Then he could only skate holding my hands...the rail...away from the rail, but only the length of the hockey box...and with the added incentive of a gum ball, the entire rink. It was cool as hell.

As for me? I learned to quilt, I started reading again, I loved the Leon with a passion, and I inched toward getting my groove back. It's amazing what the generosity of friends and a nonstop wardrobe can do for a gal.

So, the New Year is here, and brimming with possibility...I adore the first day of a New Year...it's like Christmas Eve. What presents are in store? What adventures are to come? It's all out there, and I'm stoked to get my thrive on!

No comments: