Yippee skippy, my skillets! It be that time o' year again. The time of year when my fancies turn to figure skating.
About nine *gasp* years ago, I decided that I should indulge my childhood fantasies and take some figure skating lessons (I thought I was oh-so-old back then). I already knew how to skate backwards and forwards, and quickly developed new skills. It was enthralling. I worked a second shift job at the time, so I was free to spend hours at the rink each day.
Then I picked up new hobbies, like getting knocked up, and having amusing surgeries.I still kept up with teevee skating, though. Well, until last year, that is. I don't even know who these new kids are this year that are competing in the Nationals.
I miss it. Terribly. So, as part of my "resolution a month in 2009" program, I shall be taking the birthday money that the foegies are sending me, and plopping it down at the front desk of the rink. For January? I resolve to start skating again.
Sunday, January 04, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment