
in theory? i really really really want to learn new things. in practice? laws. i'm notsomuchafan. i'd much rather just catch on quickly. ack. i wish i could find my inner student zen. i'm just not sure i have one.
when it comes to knitting, i get bored. coding & quilting make me procrastination betty. and this spinning dealio that i thought was an idea of epic awesome? well, i kind of epic suck at it. the suck is less epic today than the last time though, which brings me a certain amount of joy.
in conclusion: i've just got to tell all those voices in my head to just shut the fuck up and enjoy the damn process.
1 comment:
I think it's hard for any of us that feel very (or even somewhat) accomplished at something related to the new thing we want to learn to lower our expectations and maybe even fail a few times before we get it.
I remind myself that failing means I took a chance, I tried something new, I was willing to be a beginner ... and it actually helps. I love to learn and I am often NOT the quickest student in class. I have created some pretty miserable class samples, too, but I always allow myself at least two tries at something: the first to follow the teacher and figure it out, the second to approach it in a way that works for me. By the third time, I'm happy with my results and the fact that I allowed myself to fail in order to learn something new. You mileage may vary ;-)
Post a Comment