Thursday, January 26, 2006

Mulligan!

Yeah, so last year? I was 34. Only not. Not 34. I was 33. Or, as I like to think of it, I was busy fucking 34 up, so now I get to do it again. This also wipes away the taint of the dying car from my new year. Because that was ugly. That made it seem as if this year was going to match last year in its suckiness. Now? Notsomuch. This is when the new year starts.
This morning the lovely Ms. Dwan Stella Louise Whitley Carey was driving our assbutts to work. I went to get into my seat and moved her daughter's bag to the back seat so that I could sit. I was mistaken. Twere not her daugher's bag...it twere mine! All mine! bwahahahaha! i am now the proud owner of a strawberry shortcake boombox. She and Ne are just so awesome, aren't they? Can't you just see me tooling 'round the neighborhood in my fabulous blue suede roller skates while jamming to the tunes? Awesome. Gotta get this shitz outta the way while the kiddies are too young to be mortified. I'll totally be behaving myself come the teen years, doncha know.
One of my brothers actually amembered my birthday, which was shocktastic. The Leon also remembered, which totally trumps the disaster that shall not be named [When he didn't mark the occasion whatsoever last year. Shit. I named it. Pleasetobeignoring the naming. Nobody sees the naming!]. Next year I shall expect a gift or a date or something. I'm counting on evolution to back me up on this one. Oh, but he did give me a rashy viral infection that he picked up from the kids. I'm pretty sure that doesn't count. But I think of him every time I scratch. See? I'm thinking of him right now. Don't think that counts against this year, yo! I totally picked up the rash yesterday. I retain my mulligan status!
I had two, count 'em two, offers for lunch out on the town. I spent a delightful luch hour with Ne and Mattius scarfing down glorious Indian food at Bombay Brazier. And my amigo Penny brought me tea and tea cookies, so we took a tea break in the afternoon. We weren't going to do much to celebrate this evening, but I needed me a dose of huzzah. I picked up the Trio album from my yute, and a new beading book.
My wee little noggin' is chock full of plans and schemes for the weekend. We bought an awesome bike car which we were going to use to help make the commute a little easier. We're spoiled and ended up getting rides, but the bike car was a really good purchase. I love tooling around with it, and the boys simply adore it. We might even convince the Leon to join us.
Other plans include:
• Learning how to operate the car I bought at the Goodwill Auction (I seriously buy everydamn thing from the Goodwill). It's a stick shift. Don't know jack about stickshifts. There will be a fair share of stalling this weekend, but I'm agonna try to beat my inner race car driver into submission in time to drive to work on Monday.
• Assembling the boy's new beds that they inherited from their cousins.
• Working on the jewelry that I'm going to try to sell in the next few weeks. I need to raise some cashola. This year is going to be better than last year, remember? That means that I'm going to have a savings account. Even if it only contains $5. I want to be $5 ahead of the game should surgery/vet bills/car disasters/medical bills/furnace disasters/car problems come our way. Miles to go before the bills sleep.
• Finishing the revisions to my first real story. "Cause that puppy is going to be effin' published. Dang skippy.
• Popping by the woodworking store in search of carving supplies. I learned to knit like my Grandma Bea, I can totally learn to carve like Grandpa Norm.
• Many many many many bubble baths with which to untangle my neck.
• [Edited for content]
There's otherstuffs. But I cannae think of them quite right at the moment. My guess is that I will remember the missing golden material right about Tuesday at seven.
Two things I keep meaning to journal about:
• The Leon's Mexican Sheephearding Curled Mustached Wearing Co-worker Ishmael. No lie.
• A new incident brought to you by the Mama of myownsef. You know, the one who broke her back falling out of bed, and brok her leg going down the stairs (she didn't fall, mind you, just broke her leg). The ever-so-talented Mamawankenobie has had herself a "weaving accident." Yep. She was weaving and she slung the shuttle across the warp...it shot out the other end, the bobbin flew off, and the metal part embedded in her leg. Her doctor? I think he's dying to know what she gets into next...
• Go out to dinner with my Mama. And watch the Pride and Prejudice. Because my boy blanced at the thought.

2 comments:

Robyn Wade said...

Happy happy birthday baby!! Don't go too wild with those roller skates!

I will be back by next Saturday so if you are up for thrift shopping I am in. Also, Philip has an extra set of tools for doing wood cuts (for block printing) that you can have if you want them. I am not sure if these are the same as carving tools, but since they cut wood they have to be a little similar.

dizzy von damn! said...

you are entitled to 34 as many times as you need to do it right.

i will be 25 for the next 13 years i believe.