Wednesday, February 01, 2006

so, uh, my new car died. and i am retreating into memeville.

Four Jobs You've Had In Your Life
1. i worked for a shaker craftsman. well, i mostly read books, but sometimes i rang up sales.
2. i was a waitress at denny's. i never made it past the probationary two weeks. i was told that i "just wasn't denny's material." i am still crushed.
3. i gave tours at the now-defunct appalachian museum at berea college. no. it didn't close because of me. i was a kickin' tour guide. i loved the museum and they had the coolest crap on earth. like the quilts that parents used to trade for the cost of their children's education.
4.now i am a GOLD ADDY AWARD WINNING graphic artist. *grin* plus all those silvers. but who's counting?

Four Movies You Could Watch Over and Over
1. Blues Brothers. My father corrupted my respect for authority at an early age.
2. Pirates of Penzance. Kevin Kline as a Pirate. Who sings. Rawr.
3. Tune in Tomorrow. Seriously. Despite Keanu.
4. Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.

Four TV Shows You Love to Watch
1. American Idol. Best train wreck evah.
2. Lost. I'm sorry. Color me lemming.
3. The Olympics. Especially the obscure stuffs.
4. All those reality home makeover shows/queer eye/project runway things. They're all the same, but I can't get over the concept of having hay spun into gold in one hour or less. This is why I don't have cable. Because that fantasy? Sooooooooooooo much better than reality.

Four favorite Books
1. The Lord's of Discipline.
2. The World according to Garp.
3. The Night of the Amazing Blowfish.
4. The Passionate Vegetarian.

Four Albums You Can't Hear Too Often
1. Winter into Spring. Or Autumn. George Winston. The Leon and I used to kiss to it when we were courting.
2. Eva Cassidy. Songbird.
3. Erasure. Greatest Hits.
4. Just about anything by John Denver. or the Big Chill Soundtrack.

Four Places You Have Lived
In Chronological (mostly) order:
1. Busti, New York. On Lake Chautauqua. (there were more cows in my county than people)
2. Berea, Kentucky. My father moved us when I was 15, so that he could teach at Berea College.
3. Holland, Michigan. Where I went to college (because I thought I was too stupid to get into the college that I wanted to go to).
4. Philly. I adoooooooored Philly. I was like Mary Tyler Moore, or something. But then that pesky little Leon of mine tried out the city life and hated it. Goobercheese.

Four Places You Have Been On Vacation
these are all from my childhood. 'cause that's about the last time i've had a vacation...
1. When I was twelve, my mother asked my father where he wanted to go for their anniversary. What are my choices, he asked? She told him anywhere. Anywhere? Anywhere. He wanted to go to the muk a muk restaurant in Vancouver. So, they packed up the little red Horizon, and off we went.
2. New York- I saw Ruldoph Nuryev. We got $7 standing room only tickets, and some old lady gave us her tickets at intermission. We were like front and center. Freakin' awesome.
3. Florida. We used to visit my Grandparents every year. I miss the key lime pies made from their lime trees. I miss my Grandmother's love of aqua, and her Canadian Pride. I miss collectin shells and shark's teeth with my Grandfather. Oh, and driving with him on his mapped by time and location garage sale jaunts.
4. D.C. Is there anything better than the Smithsonian? The first time I went there was also a Tiffany Glass Exhibit. *swoon*

Four Websites You Visit Daily
1. Google. Gooooogle. Goooooogle. Pass me some Google love.
2. Yahoo. Yahoooooo. Yahooooooooo. Fun to say. Plus? People give me stuff to look up on Snopes.
3. LiveJournal. For my personal journalstuffs.
4. Blogspot. For my less personal and equally festive foodstuffs.

Four Of Your Favorite Foods
1. Chocolate Silk Pie Milkshakes.
2. Papusas.
3. Potatoes. Any way. Any how.
4. White grape juice.

Four Places You Would Rather be Right Now
1. In my palace. Eating bon bons.
2. At the Ice Rink. Or roller rink.
3. Torino.
4. I could get into the whole idea of an island beach somewheres.

Four People You'll Tag
1. You
2. You over there
3. Hey you, yeah, you there...
4. Stop punching your brother. Now go fill out this meme...

2 comments:

Robyn Wade said...

The World According to Garp would have made my top four if only I wasn't so obsessed with this knitorama book.

dizzy von damn! said...

poor robiewan!

tell that car to get its act together.

(thankyou for your email)