Monday, October 06, 2008

let's talk wardrobe, shall we?

since the basement flooded, and essentially destroyed my fall/winter wardrobe, i'm starting over. here is what i have:

short black empire waisted dress
fancy burgundy satin jacket
black jacket
brown floral wrap skirt with matching sweater
leopard dress
nice fitting dark jeans
2 brown floral skirts made from summer sundresses.
plain black skirt
burgundy`
....aaaaaaaaand that's about it.

shoes include:
black cowboy boots
hanna anderson floral black clogs
black mary janes
silver glitter flats
doc martin saddle shoes

the big thing is going to be keeping it simple. i like funky jewelry and shoes, but notsomuch with the clothes. i'd also like to balance more modern pieces with some vintage inspired. solid colors, though. and how much to buy, vs. how much to make will be a challenge. and if i buy vintage inspired, where to shop from...

what i am considering:

www.target.com/Mossimo-Black-Cardigan-Geneva-Blue/dp/B0016R2TC8/qid=1223310671/ref=br_1_8/602-7444799-1111069

and some sewing patterns. it's most likely that i'll acquire some free patterns here:
www.burdastyle.com/patterns

gosh, i just love this one, don't you? perhaps this is the closest thing to what i'd like
www.burdastyle.com/patterns/show/3608

tights.
www.sockdreams.com/_shop/pages/socks_cat_CategoryID_61.php

i'll have to have some brown boots, right?
www.lanebryant.com/pagebuilder/lane_bryant_product_page

decisions, decisions

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

should there be pics there? links? if there's shopping to be done, hello, I'd like to see. do tell.
xoxox

blackbird said...

Gosh - these lists are right up my alley...and I would LOVE to get involved with how you could build your wardrobe but I'm in THE SAME BOAT. I think I FINALLY have everything I need to do a couple of weeks of work days...thank god I had good accessories!

robiewankenobie said...

teach me to edit a post. shitz. let's try that once more, with links!